Who We Are
At August Martin, we believe that students, when given an opportunity to engage in learning that is relevant to their lives, will be prepared for success in college and career. It is our mission to graduate lifelong learners who will be change agents within their communities, professions, and our world.
- Teachers will facilitate inquiry-based, student-centered classroom learning.
- Student assignments will demonstrate outcome-based, higher-order thinking.
- Students will demonstrate mastery through culminating performance-based assessments.
- Our students will engage in four years of study in all core content areas.
We embrace seven principles that shape the journey of our school community:
- College Preparatory Instructional Program
- Distributed Counseling
- Dedicated Team of Teachers and Counselors
- Professional Development
- Extended School Day
- Parent Involvement
- Continuous improvement
Our Instructional Focus & Core Values
If we, as educators, plan, implement and assess rigorous, common core aligned tasks while providing personalized, actionable feedback that holds our scholars accountable, then scholars will articulate and demonstrate their understanding of how to progress in their learning.
See how our core values reinforce and guide our instructional focus.